THE ADHD SUPERPOWER WEBINAR IS THIS THURSDAY! Sign up here! It’s totally free, and is a hour chock full of the best advice from the guests of the past 45 episodes! Talk about perfect for the ADHD set – It’s 45 episodes of advice, crammed into one hour, totally free! Sign up for it here! PS: It’s also awesome for all your friends who DON’T have ADHD, but just want to learn to be more productive! Be awesome and share it here!
This week’s guest is Cindy Goldrich. This is a good one, guys. It’s for everyone, but especially for parents! Cindy is a mental health counselor who works nationally with parents, teachers, and counselors, and has written the book “* Keys for Parenting Children with ADHD.”
Her basic premise here is that pills don’t teach skills, and medication, while not bad, isn’t for everyone, and certainly shouldn’t be a first line of defense. Take a listen. I’m thrilled with this interview.
In this episode, Peter and Cindy discuss:
- Is ADHD a weakness (02:01)
- Cindy’s story (02:56)
- Types of clients (03:31)
- Teachers, schools and medication (05:45)
- Working with teachers (08:59)
- Food and physical activity (10:41)
- Tips for diagnosed (12:08)
- The transitional process (13:41)
- Unknown facts about ADHD (14:13)
- Not being heard (16:12)
- Pathways to Success (Cindy’s website)
- The eight keys to parenting children with ADHD (Cindy’s Book)
- Calm and connected (workshop series)
- Tim Ferriss – Tools of Titans (Book)
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already! Know of anyone you think should be on the FTN podcast? Shoot us a note – We’d love to hear!