Keith Krach, Chairman & CEO of DocuSign
Want to know how a CEO of a billion dollar company handles his ADHD? This is the episode for you.
We have a very special guest on this edition of FTN, Keith Krach, Chairman & CEO of DocuSign. This interview didn’t start out as one for FTN – It was originally designed as an exclusive for my private entrepreneurial community, ShankMinds. But within five seconds of talking to Keith, it became clear that his energy, focus, and excitement in being an entrepreneur was clearly fueled by the same thing that fuels mine: ADHD.
The fascinating thing about Keith, that you’ll definitely hear come across in this interview, is not only how much he truly loves not only being an entrepreneur, but working for the greater good – building something to truly help millions of people and continue to grow this new “location-agnostic” economy in which we’re living. He tells a fascinating story of how he went from working for GM on a fast-track to the top, to leaving and starting up his own thing – to tremendous success!
Finally, be sure to pay attention to the last part of the podcast – We ask Keith specific questions, both about being an entrepreneur, as well as how he balances a rather large family with his ridiculously busy corporate schedule. Whether ADD/HD, an entrepreneur, or simply wondering how to better manage your time, you don’t want to miss this one.
As always, we pull one line to make the title of the interview: Today is a line that comes from Keith: “Do something that’s anatomically impossible.” You’ll hear what he means when you listen. It’s awesome.
In this episode, Peter and Keith discuss:
- What drives entrepreneurs
- How Keith realized that he wasn’t meant to be an employee
- The switch of employee to founder
- What makes a great manager
- Snake People (You’ll love this one.)
- How Peter can sign contracts anywhere in the world, and what this means for the future of location-based work
- The impact of technology, both for those with ADD/HD, and those in the entrepreneurial world
- New trends in business
- Balancing family with work (HUGELY important for those with ADHD)
- Morning Routines (Again, hugely important!)
- Keith Krach (Twitter / Linkedin)
- Amazon Echo
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
Any questions, comments, or ideas as to who should be a future guest on our podcast? Please tweet us!
Great interview! I had the good fortune of working for Keith at Ariba…he is a great leader.