Guinness Memory Record Holder, Dave Farrow
Time to improve your memory on this episode of FTN! We’ve got a super-fun guest today, Dave Farrow. Dave is a Guinness World Record Holder for memory, and what he can do (and more importantly, teach you to do,) with memory is pretty awesome. He’ll give you a ton of memory tips and hacks today, all centered around the ADHD brain.
Yet again, it’s another person who figured out how to take his unique gift and make it work for him. Ever have trouble studying for tests in school? Have kids who do? Ever have to present a bunch of facts and figures at work? Take a listen to this episode. It’s going to be super-valuable to you.
In this episode, Peter and Dave discuss:
- How Dave realized he has the best memory in the world (1:50)
- When Dave was diagnosed with ADHD (2:32)
- A technique Peter developed to pass his Spanish classes in high school (04:51)
- Superpowers of people with ADD/HD (06:04)
- Top tips & hacks Dave uses to make his life better utilizing his ADHD (08:10)
- The emotional side of having ADHD (12:01)
- The concept of type-t (14:32)
- Thinking of the world as the show GI Joe (16:46)
- What to do when you blank out (18:10)
- How to remember a person’s name 30 seconds after you meet them (20:30)