ADHD Runner, Podcaster, Wife and Mom, Kari Gormley
Today’s guest has used her ADHD to create an award-winning podcast, a full-fledged business, and as a bonus, one that helps hundreds of people each week get in shape, learn to run, and stay happier! Kari Gormley decided a few years ago to take her love of running, (and all the benefits it gave her in managing her ADHD,) and turn it into a business – Now, she hosts The Running Lifestyle, one of the top-rated running podcasts in iTunes, and it’s a must-listen – as is this episode of Faster Than Normal!
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
In this episode, Peter and Kari discuss:
- Kari’s exercise background and where ADHD fits (4:39)
- Workout schedule and why it’s important for ADHD (07:01)
- Meditation (07:43)
- Making ADHD your superpower (09:28)
- Creating a successful podcast (11:28)
- Deciding whether to quit or continue working on an idea (13:41)
- The feeling you get after a run (And why it’s even better when you’re ADHD) (16:00)
- Preparation for anything (17:44)
- One interesting fact (19:07)
- The Running Lifestyle (Podcast)
- Facebook Group & Twitter
- Go Wild & Spark – John Ratey (Books)
- Marathon Training Academy (Podcast)
PS: Want a Faster Than Normal bracelet? No charge!
- 127: How to Run With and Away From Dogs with Veterinarian Ernie Ward - The Running Lifestyle - […] a Marathon for Charity—Interview with Kari Gormley.” She was also on a podcast called Faster Than Normal in an…
Thank you Peter for having me on your podcast and the kind words. There is nothing like the focus and endorphin high you get from moving your body. 🙂