Super-Editing with the Gift of ADHD, with Jennifer Harshman
Imagine being able to spot typos like Superman can spot a bad guy, or editing a thousand pages in 36 hours with breaks only to sleep and hit the bathroom? Our guest today can do all of that and more. Say hi to “super-editor” Jennifer Harshman. Even if you just want to make your next work presentation look good, you don’t want to miss the hacks in this episode of Faster Than Normal!
In this episode, Peter and Jennifer discuss:
- Jennifer’s background and when she was diagnosed (04:38)
- What Peter used to do to wake up in the morning (06:09)
- How Jennifer felt after getting the diagnosis (06:18)
- The number of books Jennifer has read (07:07)
- What it’s like being a book editor with ADD (08:26)
- Top five tips on how to edit books with ADD (09:46)
- Getting in the zone or flow (11:44)
- Tips for dealing with interruptions (12:48)
- The importance of a good night’s sleep (13:44)
- Handling projects that you don’t love to do (14:26)
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already! Know of anyone you think should be on the FTN podcast? Shoot us a note – We’d love to hear!