Founder and CEO of Ruhlin Group, with John Ruhlin
This week, we talk to John Ruhlin. He’s written an amazing book called Giftology, and the whole premise is on the concept of gift-giving. Why is this ADHD-related? Well, by nature, faster than normal people like us tend to be very giving. We like helping, we want people to like us. How do we do it, though, in such a way where we don’t come across as trying too hard? I know for me personally, it’s not always easy. That’s why I’m a huge fan here of John’s new book, and his whole philosophy. I think you will be, too. Enjoy!
In this episode, Peter and John discuss:
- John’s story (03:51)
- Business cards and gift giving (06:22)
- Scheduling and following up (08:36)
- Top tips for streamlining and staying focused (11:25)
- Working with an assistant (12:32)
- Favorite apps and software (14:38)
- Writing on airplanes and tech fasts (16:16)
- What’s next for John (18:55)
- Book – Giftology
- Book – Deep Work: Rules for Focused succes in a distracted world
- Book – Zombie Loyalists
- The Ruhlin Group / @ruhlin (Twitter) / johnruhlin (Facebook)
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already! Know of anyone you think should be on the FTN podcast? Shoot us a note – We’d love to hear!