The One with the Doctoral Dissertation on Successful People with ADHD, with Emily Anhalt
This will go down as one of the top five interviews I’ve done so far on FTN. This week, we talk to Emily Anhalt. Emily – get this – did her doctoral dissertation on people with ADHD who succeed by utilizing their ADHD, as opposed to medicating it!!
Emily is my unicorn. This is a truly eye-opening interview, and one you need to listen to immediately. When you’re done listening, you also need to watch her TEDx talk on the same thing, posted below. I’m so thrilled to have met Emily, and have no doubt we’ll be collaborating on many things to come in the future.
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE. It’s a game changer.
In this episode, Peter and Emily discuss:
- Emily’s story (05:27)
- Why a lot of research isn’t done on ADHD (06:48)
- What can we do to break through the stigma of ADHD (08:39)
- Lessons learned from interviewing people with ADHD (09:48)
- Thoughts on medication (10:34)
- Tips for functioning without medication (13:46)
- Procrastination (16:28)
- Emily’s top three tips for turning ADHD into a strength (20:02)
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already! Know of anyone you think should be on the FTN podcast? Shoot us a note – We’d love to hear!
PS: Emily’s TEDx Talk: