The parents episode, with Elaine Taylor-Klaus
This week, we talk to Elaine Taylor-Klaus, who runs the website Impact ADHD. Elaine is a coach, working specifically with parents and kids with ADHD. She’s got some wonderful advice for the parents in the audience, and as a bonus, it works for all of us! Enjoy this episode!
In this episode, Peter and Elaine discuss:
- How Elaine discovered that she has ADHD (01:20)
- The Impact ADHD website (03:58)
- Five tips for parents who have a child who has been gifted with ADHD (05:42)
- Naughty versus neurological (07:21)
- What to tell a kid who feels different because of their gift (08:41)
- How to stop kids from rebelling as teenagers (09:10)
- Is there a difference between boys and girls with ADHD (10:06)
- Tips for dealing with compulsive behavior (12:19)
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already! Know of anyone you think should be on the FTN podcast? Shoot us a note – We’d love to hear!