Seth Godin on ADHD, Will Power, Triggers, and Changing Your Life
I literally can’t even right now. I present to you an interview with Seth Godin. Yes. THE Seth Godin. He’s on the Faster Than Normal Podcast this week, opening up about his ADHD, talking all about how he’s made his life the unbelievable success that it is, and how he’s used his ADHD to his advantage.
Seth Godin! I mean, this man has done for the online world what Dr. Jonas Salk did for vaccines, and I’m not blowing smoke. Seth is known WORLDWIDE for his business acumen (he started Yoyodyne and sold it to Yahoo! for an estimated $30 million…) His books, including Purple Cow and Permission Marketing, and he blogs EVERY SINGLE DAY at sethgodin.typepad.com. He’s been one of my heroes and idols forever, and I’m just so honored that he agreed to join us for what may be the most informative and inspiring interview I’ve done on FTN to date. I’m tremendously thankful to Seth for his time, energy, and passion that you’ll no doubt hear from the first second of this interview to the last. Do enjoy!
In this episode, Peter and Seth discuss:
- How Peter and Seth first met (03:16)
- Seth’s story (05:00)
- Narrative about ADHD – Hunters vs Farmers (06:55)
- Diagnosing kids and society that favors being the same (09:44)
- The concept of Big T and Little T (12:19)
- Elimination of choice (16:33)
- Shame around having ADHD (17:20)
- Seth’s daily rituals (19:02)
- Triggers and will power (20:56)
- Advice for those who don’t think they can change their lives (24:23)
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already! Know of anyone you think should be on the FTN podcast? Shoot us a note – We’d love to hear!