Dyslexia and the CEO of High Tower Advisors, with Elliot Weissbluth
Happy last day of August, live from Shanghai! Hope you’re having a great week!
This week’s guest is Elliot Weissbluth, the CEO of Hightower Advisors. Elliott was diagnosed with dyslexia when he was a young boy, and much like those with ADHD, he learned to change his brain to use his gift to his advantage. It seems to have worked, as Hightower currently has something like $36 billion dollars under management.
Elliot gives some great insight on how he runs his team, and uses his unique talents to do so. This is a departure from the ADHD guest format, and I’m glad we did it, as there’s a lot we can learn from Elliot and the dyslexic mindset that we can apply to our own, as well.
In this episode, Peter and Elliot discuss:
- Elliot’s background (01:46)
- Stories about carrying typewriters to school (03:24)
- Overcoming Dyslexia (07:02)
- Staying present and in the moment (10:45)
- Definition of normal (11:28)
- The concept of firing yourself each year (13:24) (This is a good one)
- Feeling stuck (15:33)
- Avoiding target fixation (16:36)
- Making conference calls effective (17:27)
- Cycling (20:06)
- Advice on not being held back by ADHD or dyslexia (22:21)
- Elliot Weissbluth (Linkedin)
- High Tower Advisors
- Andy Grove (Marketer)
And hey – Entrepreneurs – Next week is going to rock – We’ve got John Lee Dumas on the podcast! The host of EO Fire, you’re not going to want to miss how this ADHD genius started a podcast and turned it into a million dollar a year business, in under four years!
As always, leave us a comment below, drop us a review on iTunes (PLEASE!) and of course, subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already! Know of anyone you think should be on the FTN podcast? Shoot us a note – We’d love to hear!